Wild Salmon with Pesto (Paleo, Keto)
Wild Salmon with Pesto is the not only super healthy, but real quick and easy to make! All you need is fresh wild salmon, dairy free pesto and 20-minutes. Paleo, low-carb & keto.
DID YOU KNOW? Wild salmon is high in Vitamin D.
On average, wild-caught salmon contains 988 IU of vitamin D per 3.5-ounce or 165% of the RDI. Some studies have found even higher levels in wild salmon — up to 1,300 IU per serving!
Up to 50% of the world’s population may not get enough sun causing many people to be deficient in vitamin D. This is partly because people spend more time indoors, wear sunblock outside and eat a Western diet low in good sources of this vitamin.
Vitamin D deficiency is linked to everything from skin problems to weight gain to autoimmune disease to cancer and heart disease.
This stresses the need for all of us to get plenty of sun exposure, and supplement or eat vitamin D-rich foods, such as wild salmon, on a regular basis.
Pair Wild Salmon with Pesto with one of these healthy sides …
- Sautéed Garlic Chard
- Arugula Salad with Avocado & Sprouts
- Italian Vegetable Stew
- Vegetable “Rice”
- Lemon & Pine Nut Kale
What you need for Wild Salmon with Pesto:
- Wild sockeye salmon (or other wild salmon)
- Dairy Free Pesto
Looking for more healthy fish recipes? You’ll love these …
- Halibut with Mango & Avocado Salsa
- Haddock with Mustard & Thyme
- Garlic & Dill Salmon
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Wild Salmon with Pesto
- 1 lb wild sockeye salmon fillet, or other wild salmon
- 3 tbsp Dairy Free Pesto, recipe link in notes
- Sea salt , to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash and pat dry salmon with a paper towel. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake salmon for 10-minutes then remove from oven, spread pesto onto salmon fillet and bake for 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and serve.