Sautéed Garlic Chard is the perfect healthy side to your next meal. It’s easy to prepare with only 3 simple ingredients needed. Serve this AIP friendly, paleo, keto & plant-based side with fish or meat.
DID YOU KNOW? Just one cup of cooked Swiss chard provides a whopping 636% of your daily vitamin K needs! Vitamin K is an essential nutrient for bone health — and reduces fracture rates because it activates the major non-collagen protein that helps form bones.
This nutrient – along with calcium which is also found in Swiss chard – helps modulate bone metabolism, aids in bone growth, and protects the body from bone mineral loss common in the aging process.
What you need for Sautéed Garlic Chard:
- Swiss chard
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
Want more healthy side dishes? You’re going to love these …
Sautéed Garlic Chard
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 1-2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Chop chard into large pieces.
- Place chard in stove-top pan with a touch of water, cover pan and let chard wilt over medium-low heat.
- Once chard is wilted and stems are tender, reduce heat to low, drain any excess liquid and add garlic, olive oil and salt. Cook for a couple more minutes, uncovered, while coating chard in olive oil.
excellent reminder for a quick healthy meal.. Kale and Broccoli rabe can work as well.. thx Jenn!
Kale and broccoli rabe would be equally yummy, Frank 🙂 Bring on the greens – I love them all!
Great post ?