Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie (Dairy Free, Paleo)
Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie is rich & creamy–and bursting with rich chocolate and almond flavour! This smoothie is the perfect meal in a cup. It’ll leave you feeling energized, nourished and satisfied.
Do you want to create chocolate flavoured smoothies, like this one, but only have vanilla or unflavoured protein powder?
Here’s a quick tip to help you achieve a rich chocolate flavour from your smoothies when using a vanilla or unflavoured protein powder!
Just add 1-2 teaspoons of cacao powder into your blender along with the other smoothie ingredients. Blend & enjoy! That’s it!! Told ya it was a quick tip.
Cacao is the purest form of chocolate which is why I recommend it. It’s an easy find since most grocery stores carry it nowadays. You can also find cacao powder online.
Now, whether your protein powder is vanilla, chocolate or unflavoured, give this addicting smoothie creation a try. I promise, it’ll be love at first sip!
If you’re looking for more gut friendly smoothie recipes, get my FREE Quick-Start Guide To Smoothies or grab my smoothie e-book which has over 30 dessert-inspired smoothie recipes for IBS & weight loss!
What you need for Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie:
- Frozen greens (spinach, kale, and/or broccoli)
- Dry-roasted almond butter
- Cacao powder
- PurePaleo Protein (or other high-quality protein powder)
- Water or unsweetened nut milk
Want more delicious smoothie recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Collagen Power Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie
- Beet & Blueberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen greens, spinach, kale, and/or broccoli
- 2-3 soft dates
- 1 tbsp dry-roasted almond butter
- 1-2 tsp cacao powder, see notes
- 1 scoop PurePaleo Protein (chocolate or vanilla), or other high-quality protein powder
- 1 cup water , or unsweetened nut milk
- Blend all ingredients using a high-powered blender.
- Pour into your favourite smoothie cup and enjoy!
- If you're using vanilla or unflavoured protein powder, add 2 tsp of cacao powder. If you're using chocolate flavoured protein powder, add 1 tsp.
- Get PurePaleo Protein powder here.