If you’re a fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream then this smoothie recipe is for you! Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie is chocolatey, refreshing and delicious–and filled with all the right ingredients to make a healthy & complete meal. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
What makes Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie so healthy
- The right balance of macronutrients including high-quality protein, which is often missing in most smoothie recipes. Protein is not only a source of vital nutrients required for optimal health, but it’s also essential for sending healthy hormonal signals throughout your body.
- No excess fruit or juices, which keeps your blood sugar levels in check while still giving you small doses of powerful nutrients and fiber found in whole fruits.
- Healthy fats for optimal health and a smaller waistline! Healthy dietary fat not only fuels every cell in your body, but also allows you to absorb fat-soluble vitamins found in fruits and vegetables.
- Loaded with green goodness which provides antioxidants to combat free radicals & essential vitamins and minerals + supports detoxification, collagen production, gut health, weight loss, & disease prevention.
- Gut friendly & healing ingredients that are FREE OF gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, grains, fillers, artificial flavours, colours, preservatives or sweeteners + other common gut irritants.
Feel free to use your favourite protein powder in this recipe or you can try my go-to protein powder. This awesome & gut friendly protein powder will make all your smoothies taste like dessert in a cup! It’s squeaky clean, free of common gut irritants & naturally sweetened with stevia (so no blood sugar spikes).
If you’re using vanilla flavoured protein powder
To achieve a rich chocolate flavour from your smoothies when using vanilla flavoured protein powder just add 1-2 teaspoons of cacao powder into your blender along with the other smoothie ingredients. Blend & enjoy!
Cacao is the purest form of chocolate which is why I recommend it. It’s an easy find since most grocery stores carry it nowadays. You can also find cacao powder online.
What you need for Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie:
- Frozen spinach
- Cacao powder
- PurePaleo Protein (or other gut friendly protein powder)
- Fresh mint leaves, peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract
- Full fat or light coconut milk
- Cacao nibs
Want more healthy smoothie recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie
- Beet & Blueberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- Collagen Power Smoothie
If you’re looking for more gut friendly smoothie recipes, get my FREE Quick-Start Guide To Smoothies or grab my smoothie e-book which has 32 dessert-inspired smoothie recipes for IBS & weight loss!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie
- 1 cup spinach, frozen
- 2-3 soft dates, pitted
- 1-2 tsp cacao powder, see notes
- 1 scoop PurePaleo Protein, chocolate or vanilla
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves , or 1 drop peppermint essential oil (food-grade) or 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup full fat or light coconut milk, canned
- A few ice cubes, optional
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs, stirred in after blending
- Blend all ingredients using a high-powered blender.
- Pour into your favourite smoothie cup, stir in cacao nibs and enjoy!
- If you're using vanilla protein powder, add 2 tsp of cacao powder. If you’re using chocolate protein powder, add 1 tsp of cacao powder. Feel free to add more cacao powder for a smoothie that's rich in chocolate flavour.
- Get PurePaleo Protein powder HERE or check out my protein powder checklist to source out a different high-quality protein powder.