If you’re a fan of chocolate covered strawberries then this smoothie recipe is for you! Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie is filled with all the right ingredients to make a healthy & complete meal, so enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
What makes Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie so healthy
- The right balance of macronutrients including high-quality protein, which is often missing in most smoothie recipes. Protein is not only a source of vital nutrients required for optimal health, but it’s also essential for sending healthy hormonal signals throughout your body.
- No excess fruit or juices, which keeps your blood sugar levels in check while still giving you small doses of powerful nutrients and fiber found in whole fruits.
- Healthy fats for optimal health and a smaller waistline! Healthy dietary fat not only fuels every cell in your body, but also allows you to absorb fat-soluble vitamins found in fruits and vegetables.
- Loaded with green goodness which provides antioxidants to combat free radicals & essential vitamins and minerals + supports detoxification, collagen production, gut health, weight loss, & disease prevention.
- Gut friendly & healing ingredients that are FREE OF gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, grains, fillers, artificial flavours, colours, preservatives or sweeteners + other common gut irritants.
Feel free to use your favourite protein powder in this recipe or you can try my go-to protein powder. This awesome & gut friendly protein powder will make all your smoothies taste like dessert in a cup! It’s squeaky clean, free of common gut irritants & naturally sweetened with stevia (so no blood sugar spikes).
If you’re using vanilla flavoured protein powder
To achieve a rich chocolate flavour from your smoothies when using vanilla flavoured protein powder just add 1-2 tablespoons of cacao powder into your blender along with the other smoothie ingredients. Blend & enjoy!
Cacao is the purest form of chocolate which is why I recommend it. It’s an easy find since most grocery stores carry it nowadays. You can also find cacao powder online.
What you need for Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie:
- Avocado or coconut oil
- PurePaleo Protein (or other gut friendly protein powder)
- Cacao powder
- Water or unsweetened nut milk
Want more healthy smoothie recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie
- Beet & Blueberry Smoothie
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie
- Collagen Power Smoothie
If you’re looking for more gut friendly smoothie recipes, get my FREE Quick-Start Guide To Smoothies or grab my smoothie e-book which has 32 dessert-inspired smoothie recipes for IBS & weight loss!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- High-powered blender
- 1 cup spinach, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 - 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 avocado, or 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 scoop PurePaleo Protein, chocolate
- 1 - 2 tbsp cacao powder*
- 1 cup water, or unsweetened nut milk
- Blend all ingredients using a high-powered blender.
- Pour into your favourite smoothie cup and enjoy!