Mint Chocolate Balls (Paleo, Plant-Based, Raw)
Mint Chocolate Balls are the perfect healthy treat! The rich flavour of chocolate combined with refreshing peppermint, makes these balls irresistible! These decadent bites are free of gluten, grains, dairy & refined sugar + paleo, plant-based & raw. They’re easy to make and even easier to pop!!
DID YOU KNOW? Peppermint may relieve digestive symptoms, such as gas, bloating and indigestion.
A review of nine studies in 926 people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) treated with peppermint oil for at least two weeks concluded that peppermint provided significantly better symptom relief than a placebo.
In one study in 72 people with IBS, peppermint oil capsules reduced IBS symptoms by 40% after four weeks, compared to only 24.3% with a placebo.
Additionally, in a review of 14 clinical trials in nearly 2,000 children, peppermint reduced the frequency, length and severity of abdominal pain.
Try adding food-grade peppermint oil to:
- Healthy treats – like my recipe below
- Coffee – try this Peppermint Mocha
- Smoothies – try this Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie
What you need for Mint Chocolate Balls
- Almonds or walnuts
- Cocoa powder
- Coconut flakes
- Peppermint essential oil (food grade) or peppermint extract
- Sea salt
Want more delicious date ball recipes? You’re going to love these:
Pair these yummy bites with my Peppermint Mocha–it’s a match made in heaven!
Mint Chocolate Balls
- 1 cup dates, pitted and soaked
- 1 cup raw almonds or walnuts
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 5-8 drops peppermint essential oil (food-grade), or 1/2-1 tsp peppermint extract (start with less and add more if needed)
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes, for coating
- Soak dates in water for 30-minutes and drain.
- Add nuts and coconut flakes into food processor and process into a fine crumble.
- Add dates, cocoa powder, peppermint oil/extract and sea salt into the food processor and continue to process until ingredients start to stick together. If mixture is too dry, add a teaspoon of water at a time until mixture becomes sticky when you press it together.
- Scoop out mixture with a small spoon and roll into balls.
- Spread remaining coconut flakes on a plate and roll balls into the flakes to coat.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Get 24% off all Young Living essential oils (including food-grade oils) HERE.