Ferrero Rocher Date Balls are super easy to make with only 3 simple ingredients required! They are soft, chewy & chocolatey + naturally sweetened with dates. They are the perfect healthy snack or treat for those following a paleo or plant-based lifestyle. It’ll be love at first bite!
DID YOU KNOW? Dates have high levels of soluble fiber, which keep bowel movements regular by adding bulk to stool and helping it move faster through the intestines.
If you suffer from constipation, try adding dates into your diet as a natural constipation relief remedy. Consume in moderation.
In addition, dates are packed with vitamins and minerals and are a perfect natural sweetener and sugar alternative. I incorporate them into gut healing smoothies (like my Egg Nog Smoothie & Pumpkin Pie Smoothie) and sweet treats (check out my recipes below).
Want more delicious date ball recipes? You’re going to love these:
- Flourless Brownie Bites
- Tiger Nut Energy Bites
- Mint Chocolate Balls
- Eggnog Dough Balls (not made from dates, but still delicious!)
What you need for Ferrero Rocher Date Balls …
3 simple steps …
- Process hazelnuts.
- Then add remaining ingredients and continue to process until everything sticks together.
- Lastly, scoop mixture with a spoon and roll into bite-sized balls. Coat the outside with crushed hazelnuts.
Ferrero Rocher Date Balls
- Food processor
- 1.5 cups dates, pitted and soaked
- 1 cup hazelnuts, dry-roasted or raw
- 4 heaping tbsp. cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Soak dates in water for 30-minutes and drain.
- Add hazelnuts into food processor and process until nuts are chopped into small pieces.
- Add dates, cacao/cocoa powder and sea salt into the food processor with hazelnuts and continue to process until ingredients start to stick together.
- Scoop out mixture with a tablespoon and roll into balls.
- Optional step: Add a handful of hazelnuts into the food processor and process into small pieces. Roll balls in mixture to coat the outside.
- Enjoy these delicious date balls right away or store in an air-tight container in the fridge for later.