Salt & Vinegar Chicken Wings are not only irresistibly good, but they’re healthy too! The flavours are right on–not too salty and not overpowered by vinegar–and will leave you salivating for the next wing. This simple wing recipe is gluten free, low-carb, keto & paleo.
Look for pastured chicken that has been ethically raised in open pastures with NO antibiotics, drugs or GMOs. Wild Meadows Farm is a great place to find high-quality meat that you can get delivered to your door!
I also recommend using heat stable avocado oil, which has a smoke point of 500F. You can safely bake your wings in the oven at a high temperature without worrying about creating toxic fumes or harmful free radicals.
What are you waiting for? Give this awesome wing recipe a try!
Healthy sides to pair with these wings …
- Lemon & Pine Nut Kale
- Cauliflower Mushroom Rice or Vegetable “Rice”
- Creamy Dill Coleslaw
- Tostones with Zesty Guacamole
What you need for Salt & Vinegar Chicken Wings
- Chicken wings
- Apple cider vinegar
- Avocado oil
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika or cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
Looking for more healthy chicken dinner recipes? You’re going to love these …
Salt & Vinegar Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings, pastured
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika , or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat dry wings with paper towel, add to a large bowl and coat with avocado oil.
- Add pepper and 1 tsp. salt to bowl and toss wings so they are evenly coated.
- Place wings on baking sheet in a single layer (try to leave some room between wings) and bake for 45 minutes.
- While wings are cooking mix vinegar, paprika/cayenne, garlic powder and 1 tsp. salt in a large bowl.
- Remove wings from oven and turn oven to 'broil'. Add wings to the large bowl with vinegar and toss until the wings are evenly coated.
- Place wings back on the baking tray, put the tray on the top rack of the oven and broil until the wings get crispy again (3-5-minutes depending on how hot your broiler gets).
- Remove from oven, place on platter and spoon the remaining vinegar sauce from the bowl over the wings. Garnish with parsley.