Coconut Matcha Protein Balls (AIP, Paleo)
Coconut Matcha Protein Balls are a yummy snack filled with protein, tiger nuts, coconut, dates & matcha! They’re AIP friendly, paleo & delicious!
Did you know that coconut oil can be helpful when it comes to weight loss? Here are 3 ways coconut oil supports weight loss …
#1 BOOSTS METABOLISM
Coconut oil is high in MCTs (medium chain triglycerides), which are fatty acids that are metabolized differently than most other fats, leading to beneficial effects on metabolism.
Several studies confirm that when humans replace the fats they are eating with MCT fats, they burn more calories.
Therefore, a calorie from coconut oil is NOT the same as a calorie from olive oil or butter (although these fats are perfectly healthy too).
#2 REDUCES APPETITE
Many studies on MCTs show that compared to the same amount of calories from other fats, MCTs increase feelings of fullness and lead to a reduction in calorie intake.
So, coconut oil boosts fat burning (“calories out”) and it also reduces appetite (“calories in”).
#3 SHRINKS BELLY FAT
Eating coconut is particularly effective at reducing the harmful belly fat in the abdominal cavity, which is strongly associated with disease.
Studies also show that MCTs lead to weight loss, but the weight loss effects of coconut oil appear to be fairly mild, except for the abdominal fat.
Now give these delicious, coconut-rich protein balls a try! They’re AIP, Paleo & IBS friendly.
What you need for Coconut Matcha Protein Balls:
- Shredded coconut
- Tiger nut flour
- PurePaleo Protein powder (vanilla)
- Matcha green tea
- Coconut oil
- Coconut butter/manna
Want more healthy & delicious snack recipes? Check out these …
- Creamy Matcha Bars
- Flourless Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins
- Almond Butter Protein Balls
- Coconut Lemon Bars
Coconut Matcha Protein Balls
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup tiger nut flour, or almond flour if not following AIP
- 4 tbsp PurePaleo Protein powder vanilla, or PurePea vanilla for vegan/not AIP version*
- 2 tsp matcha green tea
- 4 pitted dates, soaked for a few minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut butter/manna, melted & cooled
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and process until ingredients start to stick together. If mixture is too dry, add 1 tsp of coconut butter or oil at a time. If mixture is too wet, add 1 tsp of tiger nut flour (or almond flour) at a time.
- Scoop out mixture with a tablespoon, press firmly together then roll into balls.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container for later.