Almond Butter Protein Balls are perfect for a healthy mid-day snack or pre/post workout fuel! They’re are soft, chewy and very satisfying given that they’re loaded with good fats and protein. These no-bake balls are super easy to make with ONLY 3 ingredients needed!
This recipe uses a high-quality & squeaky clean protein powder that’s packed with collagen–great for your skin, hair, joints & gut. It blends extremely well with almond butter so you won’t get any weird textures or flavours. It’s also extremely gentle on the gut, so it works well for people with a sensitive gut or IBS.
Feel free to try this recipe using your preferred protein powder. Just keep in mind, you may need to make slight adjustments to the recipe to form the right mixture and taste.
Once you make a batch, you can store them in the fridge or freezer, so you’ll always have this healthy snack ready to pop or take with you when you’re running out the door!
What you need for Almond Butter Protein Balls
- Almond butter
- PurePaleo Protein (or protein powder of choice)
- Crushed nuts or seeds (optional)
- Sea salt
Want more healthy & delicious snack recipes? You’re going to love these …
Almond Butter Protein Balls
- 1 cup almond butter, unsweetened, raw or dry-roasted
- 3/4 cup PurePaleo Protein, vanilla or chocolate*
- 2 tbsp crushed nuts or seeds, optional, for crunchy topping
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Using a food processor or high-power blender, combine almond butter, protein powder and sea salt. Use a spatula to scrape sides if needed. Mixture should be dense and smooth so it can be pressed together. If it's too runny, add more protein powder.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture and form into small balls. If balls are too sticky to form, place mixture into the freezer for 15 minutes then try again.
- Roll balls in crushed nuts/seeds, if desired.
- Place balls in large shallow glass container, leaving a bit of room between balls.
- Store protein balls in fridge or freezer.