Creamy Matcha Bars (AIP, Plant-Based, Paleo)
These no-bake Creamy Matcha Bars are delicious and so easy to make with only 5 ingredients needed! They are perfect for a mid-day snack or end of a meal treat. Best part is, you can feel good about enjoying these creamy matcha bars since they’re naturally sweetened with honey.
Honey (and maple syrup) is a great alternative to refined sugar and artificial sweeteners when you’re looking to create healthy desserts, treats or snacks.
Did you know consuming high amounts of refined sugar and artificial sweeteners can contribute to IBS and other digestive system disorders.
Most artificial sweeteners cause symptoms of indigestion, including gas, bloating, cramping and constipation.
A big step you can take towards creating a healthier gut and supporting digestion is to remove refined sugar and artificial sweeteners from your diet and use small amounts of unrefined natural sweeteners like honey and maple syrup instead – if needed.
Now it’s time to give these creamy and super satisfying bars a try!
Pair these Creamy Matcha Bars with a hot matcha latte or cold matcha latte for a morning or mid-day boost!
AND if you love these bars, you’ve got to try my Coconut Lemon Bars!
Here’s what you need for Creamy Matcha Bars:
- Shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Coconut oil
- Coconut butter/manna
- Matcha green tea
Looking for more healthy treats or snacks? Check out these recipes …
Creamy Matcha Bars
- 3 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut butter/manna, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. matcha green tea
- Line an 8 x 8-inch or 8 x 10-inch pan or glass tupperware with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix into a thick batter. If it's too crumbly, add a little extra honey or a tiny bit of water.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan/tupperware. Using your hands or a spoon, press firmly into place. Refrigerate or freeze until firm (1-hour or so).
- Cut into bars and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge.