Creamy Matcha Green Tea is a warm, comforting & healthy drink with anti-aging benefits! This tea is easy to prepare and will give you a gentle morning or mid-day boost! It’s dairy free, plant-based, paleo & AIP friendly.
How does a warm cup of anti-aging sound?
Matcha contains all of green tea’s benefits in the most concentrated form – amplifying the health benefits of this superfood.
Matcha is loaded with polyphenol compounds called catechins, a type of antioxidant, making it a powerful anti-aging tea.
In addition, studies have linked green tea to a variety of health benefits, like helping to prevent heart disease, type 2 diabetes and cancer, and even encouraging weight loss.
What you need for Creamy Matcha Green Tea:
- Almond or coconut milk
- Matcha green tea powder
- Collagen powder (optional)
- Honey or maple syrup
Want more healthy matcha recipes? You’re going to love these …
Creamy Matcha Green Tea
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk*, unsweetened
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 scoop collagen powder, optional
- 1-2 tsp raw honey or maple syrup, (reduce or omit for low-carb/keto version)
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Heat coconut/almond milk in a pan.
- Add matcha powder to a small bowl and pour in 2 tablespoons of the hot water (hot, not boiling, since matcha is delicate). Using the back of a spoon, stir the matcha powder into a paste.
- Use a hand-held frother or a blender to combine the matcha powder paste, collagen, coconut/almond milk and sweetener.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!