This Cold Matcha Latte is a great way to start your day or to give you a gentle mid-day energy boost! Made with just 3 simple ingredients and in less than 3-minutes. AIP, paleo, low-carb & plant-based.
DID YOU KNOW? Matcha Green Tea can help to support weight loss.
According to a study in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, consuming green tea increased thermogenesis, (the body’s rate of burning calories) from 8-10% to 35-43% of daily energy expenditure.
So what causes this increase in thermogenesis?
Polyphenols – plant-based compound with powerful antioxidant properties.
Matcha is an excellent source of the polyphenols – and contains significantly higher levels than regular green tea, increasing its metabolism boosting and thermogenic effects in the body.
Of course, you can’t out-matcha an unhealthy diet, BUT matcha green tea in addition to a healthy diet is a great and natural way to raise your metabolism and help support weight loss.
What you need for Cold Matcha Latte:
- Unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- Matcha tea powder
BOOST your latte with anti-aging collagen! Just add 1-2 scoops of Whole Body Collagen.
Want more matcha recipes? You’re going to love these …
Cold Matcha Latte
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk, use full fat or light canned coconut milk for an extra creamy latte.
- 1 tsp matcha tea powder
- 1 tsp honey
- A few ice cubes
- 1-2 scoops Whole Body Collagen, optional
- Blend all ingredients, pour into glass or mug and enjoy!
- Use full fat or light canned coconut milk for an extra creamy latte.
- Use coconut milk (not almond milk) for AIP version.
- BOOST your latte with anti-aging collagen! Just add 1-2 scoops of Whole Body Collagen.
- Enjoy this latte with Coconut Matcha Protein Balls!