Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie is rich & creamy–and bursting with rich chocolate and almond flavour! This smoothie is the perfect meal in a cup. It’ll leave you feeling energized, nourished and satisfied.
Do you want to create chocolate flavoured smoothies, like this one, but only have vanilla or unflavoured protein powder?
Here’s a quick tip to help you achieve a rich chocolate flavour from your smoothies when using a vanilla or unflavoured protein powder!
Just add 1-2 teaspoons of cacao powder into your blender along with the other smoothie ingredients. Blend & enjoy! That’s it!! Told ya it was a quick tip.
Cacao is the purest form of chocolate which is why I recommend it. It’s an easy find since most grocery stores carry it nowadays. You can also find cacao powder online.
Now, whether your protein powder is vanilla, chocolate or unflavoured, give this addicting smoothie creation a try. I promise, it’ll be love at first sip!
If you’re looking for more gut friendly smoothie recipes, get my FREE Quick-Start Guide To Smoothies or grab my smoothie e-book which has over 30 dessert-inspired smoothie recipes for IBS & weight loss!
What you need for Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie:
Want more delicious smoothie recipes? You’re going to love these …
Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie
Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie is rich & creamy--and bursting with rich chocolate and almond flavour! This smoothie is the perfect meal in a cup. It'll leave you feeling energized, nourished and satisfied. Dairy Free & Paleo.
- 1 cup frozen greens, spinach, kale, and/or broccoli
- 2-3 soft dates
- 1 tbsp dry-roasted almond butter
- 1-2 tsp cacao powder, see notes
- 1 scoop PurePaleo Protein (chocolate or vanilla), or other high-quality protein powder
- 1 cup water , or unsweetened nut milk
- If you're using vanilla or unflavoured protein powder, add 2 tsp of cacao powder. If you're using chocolate flavoured protein powder, add 1 tsp.
- Get PurePaleo Protein powder here.
This Easy Green Smoothie with Protein makes for a healthy and super easy meal replacement! It’s LOADED with organic super-foods, high-quality protein & healthy fats. Perfect for when you’re short on time and/or fresh veggies and fruit.
Are you looking for an easy way to fill your body with nutrient-rich fuel that’ll keep you feeling energized for the busy day and week ahead?
If your lifestyle is anything like mine then you don’t always have time to fill your fridge and freezer with green goodness–and even if it’s full, you may not have time to prepare your greens.
That’s where a high-quality greens powder comes to the rescue. My fridge and freezer might not always be stocked with greens, BUT my cupboard is!
PaleoGreens has come to my rescue on many occasions, including when …
- I’m in a rush and need to prep my smoothie fast
- I’m low on energy
- I feel a cold coming on
- I’m super lazy, but still want to fuel myself with good stuff
- I’m looking to cleanse and detox
Here’s what makes this organic greens powder top in its class …
- Fruits: High-antioxidant berries, such as cranberry, raspberry, and blueberry + camu camu which is high in Vitamin C
- Sulfur-rich cruciferous vegetables + sprouts: Broccoli, kale, cauliflower, collards
- Colorful and high phytonutrient vegetables: Beet, carrot, tomato, spinach
- Detox Greens & Juices: Spirulina, chlorella, barley grass and wheat grass juice powders — high in antioxidants and great for detox
- ORAC Blend: Proprietary blend of grape seed and grape skin extracts, with guaranteed high ORAC (oxygen radical absorption capacity) content. The ORAC score is a measurement of a food’s potential for neutralizing the damaging free radicals implicated in aging and physical degeneration.
PaleoGreens is superior to many commercially available greens powders for several reasons:
- Over 90% organic ingredients
- No grain/legumes fibers or components, least allergenic
- No alfalfa, a common ingredient in all other leading brands
- Special gentle processing that retains potency
- Proven ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbency Capacity) value
- Great taste, with no added sugar
Give my Easy Green Smoothie with Protein a try. It makes for a healthy and super easy meal replacement–and it’s LOADED with organic super-foods!
Learn more about PaleoGreens and its awesome list of organic ingredients HERE.
What you need for Easy Green Smoothie with Protein:
Want more healthy smoothie recipes? You’re going to love these …
Easy Green Smoothie with Protein
This Easy Green Smoothie with Protein makes for a healthy and super easy meal replacement! It's LOADED with organic super-foods, high-quality protein & healthy fats. Perfect for when you're short on time and/or fresh veggies and fruit.
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk, or water
- 1 tbsp PaleoGreens, link in notes
- 1 scoop PurePaleo Protein, or 2 scoops PurePea Protein (vegan option)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup fruit of choice, optional
- A few ice cubes, optional