Chicken Burgers with Cilantro Aioli & Zoodles is a tasty dinner recipe that you’ll want to make time and time again! These golden burgers are easy to make and taste like chicken nuggets, but they’re way healthier for you. Gluten, grain & dairy free + low-carb, keto & paleo. AIP version provided.
I never thought I’d see the day where a chicken burger would find its way to the top of my list of favourite dishes, but the day has come.
I didn’t think much of these sticky patties as I cursed at them while struggling to roll them into balls. BUT after just one bite of this golden burger with cilantro aioli, I thought I was eating a chicken nugget! The combination of flavours was bang on – and for all the cilantro haters out there, you could hardly even taste it.
I had a big bag of organic zucchini from Costco in my fridge, so I got a little creative and made some tasty zoodles as a base for the chicken burgers. It turned out to be a great complement to the burgers.
Now check out this awesome keto & paleo friendly recipe. It may just make it to the top of your list of fav foods too!
What you need for Chicken Burgers with Cilantro Aioli & Zoodles:
- Ground chicken
- Fresh cilantro
- Garlic clove
- Cumin (omit for AIP version)
- Onion powder
- Avocado oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Avocado oil mayo (omit for AIP version)
Looking for more healthy dinner recipes? You’ll love these …
- Burgers with Portobello “Buns”
- Green Goddess Chicken Plate
- Sloppy Joes with Sweet Potato “Buns”
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Beef Taco Zoodles
Chicken Burgers with Cilantro Aioli & Zoodles
- 1 lb ground chicken, pastured
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin, omit for AIP version
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
Easy Cilantro Aioli (omit for AIP version)
- 2-3 tbsp avocado oil mayo
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Easy Cilantro Aioli
- Add mayo and cilantro into a small bowl and mix together. Set aside in fridge until ready to serve.
- Add all burger patty ingredients into a bowl and combine using your hands.
- Form 4 large burger patties. Once you've flatted the patty, press your finger into the center to form an indent in the patty (this will help cook the center of the burger).
- Cover bottom of frying pan with avocado oil and set temperature to medium-high.
- Add burgers to pan when oil is hot and cook over medium heat, flipping occasionally. Burgers should get golden as they cook. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the burger (~10-15 minutes).
- Spiralize zucchini and set aside in a bowl.
- While burger patties are cooking, use a separate pan and sauté garlic in olive oil until fragrant (medium heat).
- Add in zucchini noodles and toss using tongs to coat noodles in oil.
- Add salt and pepper and continue to toss. Cook for 5-minutes then transfer to plates.
- Add chicken burgers on top of zoodles, top with cilantro aioli (or other toppings of choice) and enjoy!