This Beef Salad is the perfect go to dish during the busy work week! It’s super quick and simple to prepare, and it’s loaded with heart healthy omega 3’s from grass-fed beef, plus packed with antioxidants from dark leafy greens. The simple flavours of garlic, lemon and basil come together to make this salad absolutely delicious. Warning! This dish is shockingly filling for a salad.
DID YOU KNOW? Grass-fed beef contains significantly higher levels of omega-3s (between 2 and 5 times more) than grain-fed beef.
Omega-3s play an important role in your health and can help with:
- Symptoms of Metabolic Syndrome
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Prevention of Cancer
- Fatty Liver
- Bone and Joint Health
- Depression, Anxiety & Mental Disorders
- Eye Health
- Risk Factors for Heart Disease
- ADHD in Children
- Age-Related Mental Decline
- Menstrual Pain
You can find grass-fed beef at grocery stores like Nature’s Emporium, Ambrosia and Whole Foods. I also suggest checking your local grocery stores for grass-fed beef.
If you’re looking to shop online, I highly recommend Wild Meadows Farm or Brooker’s Natural Meats. They offer great prices on quality meats.
Always look for 100% grass-fed beef. Organic is NOT the same as grass-fed.
What you need for Beef Salad:
- Ground beef
- Dried basil
- Salad greens
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt & black pepper
Want more quick & healthy dinner recipes? You’re going to love these …
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 8 cups salad greens
- 4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add ground beef and lemon juice to pan. Break a part meat as you cook over medium heat.
- When beef is 3/4 of the way done, add garlic, basil, salt & pepper. Continue cooking until meat is browned.
- In a large bowl, dress salad greens with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sea salt. Toss salad and place onto a dish.
- Add cooked ground beef onto the salad and enjoy!