Turmeric Golden Milk (AIP, Paleo, Plant-Based)
This creamy and easy Turmeric Golden Milk is incredibly healthy, and so delicious! Golden milk is a traditional Indian drink that has its roots in Ayurveda. Made with coconut milk, powerful spices like turmeric, ginger and cinnamon, and naturally sweetened.
DID YOU KNOW? There are over 12,500 peer-reviewed articles published on the benefits of turmeric, in particular one of its powerful compounds, curcumin.
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant, making it great for both weight loss and IBS.
Unfortunately, the curcumin content of turmeric is not that high, so if you want to experience the full effects of this powerful compound, you need to take a supplement that contains high amounts of curcumin.
In addition, curcumin is poorly absorbed during digestion, so many different supplement formulations have been created to improve its bioavailability.
Curcum-Evail is my go to curcumin supplement. It’s a highly bioavailable and absorbable formulation containing a unique combination of three health-promoting compounds known as “curcuminoids,” which are derived from turmeric root.
In order to get the most benefit from consuming turmeric (and to increase absorption of curcumin), consume with healthy fats like coconut and/or black pepper.
I used coconut milk and added black pepper to this recipe, so you can get the most out of your golden milk!
What you need for Turmeric Golden Milk:
- Coconut milk
- Honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar
- Ground turmeric
- Ground ceylon cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Black pepper (omit for AIP version)
BOOST your golden milk with anti-aging collagen! Just add 1-2 scoops of Whole Body Collagen.
Looking for more healthy hot beverages? You’re going to love these:
Turmeric Golden Milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, use full fat or light canned coconut milk for a creamy drink
- 1 tsp honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ceylon cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of black pepper, omit for AIP version
- Add all ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Whisk to combine and warm on stovetop over medium heat. Heat until hot to the touch but not boiling.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- Use full fat or light canned coconut milk for a creamy drink.
- Omit black pepper for AIP version
- BOOST your golden milk with anti-aging collagen! Just add 1-2 scoops of Whole Body Collagen.