Pumpkin & Beef Salad (AIP, Paleo, Low-Carb)
Pumpkin & Beef Salad is the perfect go to dish during the busy work week! It’s super quick and simple to prepare, and loaded with heart healthy omega 3’s from grass-fed beef, antioxidants from dark leafy greens and fiber from pumpkin. These simple ingredients come together to make this salad absolutely delicious & extremely satisfying.
OK, so I’m only human which means there are many moments where the thought of spending an hour in the kitchen to prepare a healthy meal is just not appealing (especially after a long day of work).
Given that these moments happen quite often and I refuse to settle for low-quality food, I created a handful of go-to recipes that I can whip up in 20-minutes or less.
This Pumpkin & Beef Salad recipe is a heartier version of my Beef Salad and one of my go-to meals when lazy and hungry Jen strikes.
It also makes for a great post-workout meal since 1 cup of cooked pumpkin has 564 mg of the refueling nutrient potassium. Potassium helps to restore the body’s electrolytes after a heavy workout and keeps muscles functioning optimally.
What you need for Pumpkin & Beef Salad:
- Grass-fed ground beef
- Cumin (omit for AIP version)
- Canned pumpkin
- Salad greens
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic or apple cider vinegar
Want more quick & healthy dinner recipes? You’re going to love these …
Pumpkin & Beef Salad
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin, (omit for AIP version)
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 398 ml canned pumpkin
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste (omit for AIP version)
- 8 cups salad greens
- 4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic or apple cider vinegar, (I like to mix the two)
- Sea salt , to taste
- Toasted pine nuts , (omit for AIP version)
- Sprouts of choice
- Add ground beef and lemon juice to pan. Break a part meat as you cook over medium heat.
- When beef is 3/4 of the way done, add garlic, cumin, coriander, salt & pepper.
- Cook until garlic becomes fragrant then mix in pumpkin. Cook for 5-minutes. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- In a large bowl, dress salad greens with oil, vinegar and sea salt. Toss salad and place onto a dish.
- Add cooked pumpkin & beef onto the salad and enjoy!