Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding (Plant-Based, Paleo)
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding is an easy and delicious way to add chia seeds to your diet! Naturally sweetened with maple syrup & bursting with the rich flavour of chocolate. This wholesome recipe makes for a great snack or dessert, especially when a chocolate craving hits!
3 ways chia seeds can support your digestive health …
1. Loaded with fiber! Chia seeds contain 11 grams of fiber per ounce, which will give you 44% of your fiber needs for the day.
2. Promotes regular bowel movements and prevents constipation. Because of their high fiber content, chia seeds help increase stool frequency which can be beneficial if you suffer from constipation.
3. Prebiotic for good gut bacteria. The fiber in chia seeds act as fuel for your beneficial gut bacteria, which are not only essential for good digestive health, but for overall health too.
What you need for Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding:
- Almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
- Chia seeds
- Cacao or cocoa powder
- Maple syrup
- Cacao nibs (optional topping)
Turn this recipe into a satisfying breakfast by mixing in 1-2 scoops of Whole Body Collagen.
Want more healthy & delicious desserts? You’re going to love these …
- Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding
- Tiger Nut Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Tiramisu Avocado Mousse
- Flourless Brownie Bites
Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- 1.5 cups almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
- 6 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- Cacao nibs, optional topping
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Store in a glass container or jar in the fridge. Let sit for a minimum of 1-hr before consuming. The longer you let the chia seeds soak the more delicious this pudding becomes (I like to soak them overnight).
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs and enjoy!