Cold Lemon Hibiscus Tea (AIP, Plant-Based, Sugar Free)
Cold Lemon Hibiscus Tea is a healthy & refreshing drink! Only 2 simple ingredients needed to make this antioxidant-rich and sugar free cold beverage. It’s the perfect healthy drink for the warmer months, when you’re craving something refreshing!
DID YOU KNOW? Hibiscus tea is loaded with antioxidants and could be helpful in reducing oxidative stress in the body.
Oxidative stress occurs when free radicals invade the body and the body doesn’t have enough antioxidants to combat them. Free radical damage may contribute to many health issues ranging from cancer to aging skin, so hibiscus tea can be helpful.
In fact, hibiscus has been shown to contain ORAC values twice as high as matcha tea, which was previously thought to be the most potent tea source of antioxidants.
Give my Cold Lemon Hibiscus Tea a try. It’s great for the warmer months, when you’re craving something refreshing.
I steep this tea in a mason jar, store it in the fridge overnight then add fresh lemon to it in the morning. It’s awesome to sip on throughout the day!
What you need for Cold Lemon Hibiscus Tea:
- Hibiscus tea
- Natural sweetener like honey or stevia (optional)
Looking for more healthy cold drinks? You’re going to love these …
Cold Lemon Hibiscus Tea
- 1-2 bags hibiscus tea
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- Natural sweetener of choice (honey, stevia, etc.,), optional
- Ice cubes, optional
- Add tea bag to a mason jar filled with boiling water (add 2 tea bags if using a large mason jar). Cover with lid and set aside on counter. If using a natural sweetener, add in while tea is still warm and mix.
- Once tea has cooled, remove tea bags and refrigerate until cold.
- Add sliced lemon (and ice cubes if you want) to mason jar and enjoy!