Simple Sautéed Cabbage is easy to prepare and the perfect side to your next meal! This dish is simple yet full of delicious flavour. Only 4 ingredients needed for this AIP, plant-based, keto & paleo friendly recipe!
DID YOU KNOW? Cabbage is a great weight loss vegetable since it’s packed with many beneficial vitamins, minerals, plus water and fiber.
It’s also low in calories, containing only 33 calories per cup of cooked cabbage.
Cabbage is full of gut-friendly insoluble fiber, a type of carbohydrate that can’t be broken down in the intestines. Insoluble fiber helps support digestive health by adding bulk to stools and promoting regular bowel movements.
In addition, it’s rich in soluble fiber, which has been shown to increase the number of beneficial bacteria in the gut, like Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli.
Enjoy cabbage on its own or use it various dishes including:
- Salads – check out my Creamy Dill Coleslaw
- Soups – like this Carrot Cabbage Soup
- Asian recipes – try Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Mediterranean recipes – try this Green Goddess Chicken Plate
What you need for Simple Sautéed Cabbage:
- Green cabbage
- Avocado oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt & black pepper
Want more healthy side dishes? You’re going to love these …
Simple Sautéed Cabbage
- 1 small green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Using a deep pan heat avocado oil, add cabbage and season with sea salt.
- Cook at medium heat until cabbage begins to brown slightly.
- Remove from heat and mix in olive oil, apple cider vinegar and black pepper. Add more salt if needed.