L-Glutamine powder is an amino acid with a vast array of functions and health benefits, which are derived from its ability to feed various cells in the body. Glutamine is essential to the health of the immune system and the digestive tract. In the gut it promotes the health and proper functioning of mucosal cells, which are necessary for normal healing and repair. Glutamine also supports optimal muscle growth and strength and has been shown to be particularly useful in helping to maintain muscle tissue.
How does l-glutamine work?
Glutamine, like all amino acids, contains nitrogen, which is needed by many cells throughout the body – including immune, gut and muscle cells. Nitrogen is also a building block for proteins, antioxidants, neurotransmitters and DNA. Glutamine has a unique Robin Hood-like nature: it distributes nitrogen freely to the cells which need it most, giving your body powerful and wide-ranging health effects.
Benefits of L-Glutamine Powder
- Gut Repair – By fueling the mucosal cells of the intestine, glutamine strengthens the integrity of the intestinal wall in order to support a healthy gastrointestinal tract. If you’re looking for a gut repair formula that contains l-glutamine + other gut repair supplements, try GI-Revive.
- Immune Support – Provides a major energy source for the immune system and its varied cells. Illnesses, infections, and chronic stress can deplete the body of these important cells, making glutamine an excellent nutrient for immune support.
- Skin Integrity – As a basic building block of protein and tissue, glutamine supports the integrity of the skin, especially during occasional periods of physical stress or injury.
- Maintenance of Muscle Tissue – Helps reduce muscle soreness by enhancing muscle recovery during sports events or exercise. If a person is unable to consume a regular meal, glutamine will instantly provide the nitrogen that is normally obtained through a meal and which is required to build and maintain normal muscle.
- Antioxidant – Increases production of glutathione, the body’s main antioxidant. This in turn supports a healthy immune response, protects tissues from oxidative damage, and helps detoxify harmful substances.
- Brain Support – As an important precursor for the production of neurotransmitter substances in the brain, glutamine helps to support brain wellness and mental energy.
- Blood Sugar Support – Helps to support healthy insulin levels and stimulate glycogen (a stored form of glucose) to help support normal blood sugar. Additionally, as glutamine supports adequate neurotransmitter levels, it will also help healthy appetite regulation signaled by brain messages.
Recommended Use: Take 3 grams (approx. ¾ teaspoon) per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner. Designs for Health
There are no reviews yet.