Beet & Blueberry Smoothie (AIP, Paleo)
Beet & Blueberry Smoothie is the perfect smoothie recipe for the fall and winter.
According to Ayurveda beets are recommended during Vata season, which runs from October through March, as the bright and vibrant colors can help balance out the dryness and coldness of the season.
In addition, beets have many uses in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda including cleansing the liver, improving blood circulation and calming the mind and spirit.
They are also used as a natural remedy for a variety of ailments and have been traditionally used to treat conditions such as:
- Heart weakness
- Liver toxicity
- Irritability & restlessness
- Irregular periods
- Decreased libido
Smoothies are an easy way to add more beets to your diet–and to make things even easier, look for frozen or vacuum packed beets in your grocery store (find organic vacuum packed beets in the refrigerated section at Costco). They’ll save you lots of time since they’re already cleaned and cooked… just throw them into the blender.
Looking for more ways to add beets to your diet? Try this Beet Mash recipe!
What you need for Beet & Blueberry Smoothie:
- Beets (fresh or frozen, cooked)
- PurePaleo Protein (or other gut friendly protein powder)
Want more healthy smoothie recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Chocolate Covered Almond Smoothie
- Cranberry Orange Immunity Boost
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Smoothie
- Collagen Power Smoothie
If you’re looking for more gut friendly smoothie recipes, get my FREE Quick-Start Guide To Smoothies or grab my smoothie e-book which has 32 dessert-inspired smoothie recipes for IBS & weight loss!
Beet & Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup beets, fresh or frozen, cooked
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop PurePaleo Protein, (or other gut friendly protein powder)
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.