Sardines with Cilantro & Dill Chimichurri is the perfect go-to lunch recipe! It’s super quick to prepare and packed with nutrition and fresh flavour. This easy and nutrient-rich recipe is AIP, paleo, low-carb & keto friendly.
DID YOU KNOW? Supplemental calcium is not only ineffective for bone health, but is associated with some pretty serious health risks, including heart disease, cancer and kidneys stones.
A meta-analysis of studies involving more than 12,000 people published in the British Medical Journal (BMJ) found that calcium supplementation increases the risk of:
- Heart attack by 31 percent
- Stroke by 20 percent
- Death from all causes by 9 percent
In addition, daily supplementation of calcium at 1,000 mg is associated with increased prostate cancer risk and an increase in kidney stones.
Lastly, a Swedish study reported a 40 percent higher risk of death among women with high calcium intakes (1,400 mg and above), and a 157 percent higher risk of death if those women were taking a 500-mg calcium supplement daily.
Learn more about Why You Should Think Twice about Taking Calcium Supplements (an article written by Chris Kresser, a Functional Medicine Practitioner).
Consider getting your calcium from food sources like:
- High-quality dairy products
- Canned, bone-in fish (e.g., sardines, salmon, etc.)
- Dark, leafy greens
- Almonds and seeds (especially poppy and sesame)
What you need for Sardines with Cilantro & Dill Chimichurri:
- Canned wild sardines
- Cilantro & Dill Chimichurri
Looking for more healthy canned fish recipes? You’ll love these …
Sardines with Cilantro & Dill Chimichurri
- 1 can wild sardines
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Cilantro & Dill Chimichurri, recipe link in notes
- 1/4 cup sprouts of choice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or container.
- Enjoy on its own, in a healthy wrap or on top of a salad.