Fried Eggs on Vegetable “Rice” is the perfect wholesome and nutrient-packed breakfast! Vegetable “rice” is the perfect base to soak up golden and runny egg yolks. Give this hearty paleo & keto breakfast dish a try!
When I started a gluten and grain free diet, fried eggs just weren’t the same because I missed soaking up runny yolks with bread.
Not only are egg yolks super yummy, but the yolk is also the most nutritious part of an egg – and some would argue that the yolk is what makes the egg one of the most nutrient-dense foods out there.
So, me needing runny egg yolks in my life has lead to this delightful egg breakfast that soaks up the yolk just like bread, BUT way healthier!
For this recipe I used leftover Vegetable “Rice” that I made earlier in the week, which meant breakfast was served within 5-minutes since all I had to do was fry some eggs.
Give this nutrient-packed breakfast a try. You won’t be disappointed – and you definitely won’t miss bread. You’ll get all the satisfaction you need from Vegetable “Rice” soaked in egg yolks!
TIP: Look for free-range or pastured eggs in your grocery store. Free range and pastured hens are allowed to roam, wander, perch and have a good quality of life, which makes a difference in the quality of their eggs. Theses eggs are a much better option to ensure food safety & a high nutrient profile, and support ethical farming practices.
What you need for Fried Eggs on Vegetable “Rice”:
- Pastured/free-range eggs
- Vegetable “Rice”
- Avocado oil
- Ground turmeric
- Dried parsley
- Salt & pepper
Want more wholesome egg recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Scrambled Eggs with Kale Pesto
- Bacon & Egg Muffins
- Scrambled Eggs & Squash
- Turmeric & Basil Hard Boiled Eggs
Fried Eggs on Vegetable "Rice"
- 2-3 eggs, pastured or free-range
- 1 cup Vegetable "Rice", get recipe link in notes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- If using leftover Vegetable "Rice", remove from fridge and warm it up on the stove. You can also serve the vegetable "rice" cold or at room temperature, it doesn't need to be heated.
- If preparing the Vegetable "Rice" from scratch, then follow the recipe here.
- Once the Vegetable "Rice" is ready, fry eggs in avocado oil and sprinkle with turmeric, parsley, salt and pepper while cooking. I suggest cooking the eggs sunny side up.
- Place Vegetable "Rice" on a plate and top with fried eggs.
- My favourite part ... let those golden yolks run into the Vegetable "Rice" and enjoy!