In this article, you’ll find a list of my favourite healthy snacks for when you’re on the go. These snacks are free of gluten, grains, dairy, soy, industrial vegetable and seed oils, artificial sugar and sweeteners and other unhealthy ingredients. If you’re following a paleo, low-carb, keto, AIP or plant-based diet, there’s lots of great options here for you.
How often do you find yourself in the air, on the road, behind a desk or running errands with no healthy food options when your hunger pains strike?
In today’s fast-paced world it’s easy to get suckered into the overwhelming amount of crappy snack options. Not only are people pressed for time these days, but they’re also short on places to get good quality food and snacks.
Keeping your kitchen stocked with easy ‘grab and go’ snacks is a great way to avoid getting caught in old eating patterns.
Below, you’ll find a list of snack foods that I keep my cupboards, fridge and freezer stocked with. On days when I’m on the go, I pack my bag with a couple of these items in case hunger strikes and I’m still far from home.
Healthy Snacks When You’re On The Go
Pack these wholefood snacks in a zip-lock bag or container and take them with you …
- Toasted coconut chips
- Raw or dry-roasted nuts
- Tigernuts (which are not nuts, but small tubers)
- Kale chips
- Fresh fruit (apple, banana, orange, berries)
- Carrot, celery, pepper and/or cucumber sticks
- Dark chocolate (85% cacao or higher)
- Healthy Trail Mix
Homemade Snack Recipes
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Coconut Lemon Muffins
- Carrot Pecan Muffins
- Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Almond Butter Protein Balls
- Ferrero Rocher Date Balls
- Flourless Brownie Bites
- Coconut Matcha Protein Balls
- Tiger Nut Energy Bites
- Mint Chocolate Balls
- Pumpkin Seed Protein Balls
- Orange Almond Cookies
- Lemon Amaretti
- Espresso Amaretti
- Tiger Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Healthy Protein & Snack Bars
- Pure PaleoBar (tastes like a brownie!)
- KTO-BAR (the perfect keto chocolate bar)
- CocoFibre Bar (taste like Bounty!)
What’s your favourite healthy snack? Let me know in the comment section below.