Beet Mash is the perfect side to your next meal! It’s high in fibre, low in carbs and bursting rich and creamy flavours. This mash recipe is great if you’re following an AIP, low-carb, plant-based or paleo diet.
DID YOU KNOW? Beets are an excellent source of disease-fighting phytonutrients called betalains which have powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Betalains are also responsible for providing beets with their vibrant color. Studies show that these potent pigments may help protect against the development of certain types of cancer and disease.
Try my Beet Mash recipe below. It’s versatile and can be enjoyed warm or cold …
- Use as a side to your meat or fish dishes.
- Enjoy topped with fried eggs.
- Use as a dip or spread for crackers, sliced veggies or wraps.
- Mix with canned wild fish for a quick and healthy meal.
Looking for more ways to add beets to your diet? Try this Beet & Blueberry Smoothie!
What you need for Beet Mash:
Looking for more healthy sides for your next meal? You’ll love these …
- 2 cups peeled & sliced red beets, or 10 oz bag frozen beets
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, skin on
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, more if needed
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Coat vegetables and skin-on garlic in oil, rosemary and salt. Place on a pan and bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
- Remove skin from garlic and put in a food processor or blender along with cooked veggies and coconut milk. Process/blend until a smooth mash is formed. Add more coconut milk if needed.
- Use right away or store in fridge for use during the week.