No-Bake Pumpkin Seed Protein Balls are the perfect healthy mid-day snack or quick pre/post workout fuel. They’re soft, chewy and very satisfying given that they’re loaded with good fats and protein. These no-bake balls are super easy to make and can be stored in the fridge or freezer, so you’ll always have a healthy snack ready to pop or take with you when you’re running out the door!
5 reasons why you should eat pumpkin seeds
1. High in magnesium
1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds contains nearly half of the recommended daily amount of magnesium. This important mineral is vital for many physiological functions, including proper bowel function – yet an estimated 80 percent of Americans are deficient in magnesium!
2. Restful sleep
Pumpkin seeds are high in tryptophan, which is needed for serotonin and melatonin (the “sleep hormone”) production. Both of these hormones help promote a restful night’s sleep.
3. Post-menopause symptom relief
Pumpkin seeds are rich in natural phytoestrogens which can help reduce hot flashes, headaches, joint pains and other menopausal symptoms in postmenopausal women.
4. Healthy hormones
Pumpkin seeds can help naturally increase your estrogen while also providing fiber to support healthy estrogen metabolism. It’s an excellent way to create a healthy level of estrogen without leading to excess levels, also known as estrogen dominance.
5. High in antioxidants
Pumpkin seed may help fight the growth and spread of cancer cells due to their high antioxidant content. Diets rich in pumpkin seeds have been linked to a lower risk of several types of cancer, including breast, stomach, lung and colorectal cancer.
Add more pumpkin seeds to your diet with this simple no-bake protein ball recipe!
These protein balls are great for a healthy mid-day snack or quick pre/post workout fuel.
Make a batch and store them in the fridge or freezer, so you’ll always have a healthy snack ready to pop or take with you when you’re running out the door.
If you love this recipe, try more like it!
What you need for No-Bake Pumpkin Seed Protein Balls:
- Pumpkin seed butter
- PurePaleo Protein Powder vanilla (or PurePea Protein – vegan version)
- Raw coconut oil
- Sprouted pumpkin seeds (or raw)
- Toasted coconut chips or shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Sea salt
Want more healthy & delicious snack recipes? You’re going to love these …
No-Bake Pumpkin Seed Protein Balls
- 1 cup pumpkin seed butter
- 3/4 cup PurePaleo Protein Powder, vanilla, or PurePea Protein - vegan version
- 1 tbsp raw coconut oil
- 2 tbsp sprouted pumpkin seeds, or raw
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut chips or shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Put pumpkin seeds and coconut chips into food processor and process into a fine crumble. Set crumble aside on a plate.
- Add pumpkin seed butter, protein powder, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sea salt into the food processor and combine ingredients. Use a spatula to scrape sides if needed. Mixture should be dense and smooth so it can be pressed together. If it's too wet, add more protein powder. If it's too dry, add more coconut oil (1 tsp at a time).
- Using a teaspoon, scoop mixture and form into small balls. If balls are too sticky to form, place mixture into the freezer for 10-minutes then remove and form balls.
- Roll balls into the pumpkin seed and coconut crumble then place them in large shallow glass container, so they are not touching one another.
- Store protein balls in the fridge or freezer for a frozen treat. Once the balls have firmed up, feel free to stack them in a smaller container.