This Honey Lemon Ginger Jello is a great healthy snack with gut healing properties. It contains simple and powerful ingredients like gelatin, ginger, lemon & honey. Perfect for those following an AIP, paleo, keto or low-carb lifestyle!
Food and supplements have played an important role in my journey with IBS.
Over the years I have developed a solid list of ‘best foods/supplements for gut support’ that I incorporate into my diet regularly to maintain the health of my gut – and help heal it when needed – so it can function optimally.
Gelatin is on my list of ‘best foods/supplements for gut support’ and here’s why …
Gelatin can improve digestion by enhancing gastric acid secretion which is important in breaking down the food we consume. Without proper digestion, we cannot absorb all the important nutrients we get from food, which can lead to nutrient deficiency in the long term.
In addition, gelatin can help to repair the mucosal lining in the stomach which is often damaged in those suffering from IBS. A damaged gut lining can cause a long list of symptoms and inflammatory reactions.
Homemade jello is a fun and easy way to incorporate gelatin into your diet. Give this Honey Lemon Ginger Jello a try. It’s healthy jello for adults and kids!
If you’re looking for more ways to add gut supportive foods into your diet, my FREE Quick-Start Guide to Smoothies is a great place to start! I use collagen-rich protein powder in all my smoothie recipes which can help support a healthy gut. In addition, you can add a high-quality collagen powder for even more support!
Looking for more healthy Jello recipes? Try these …
What you need for Honey Lemon Ginger Jello:
- Homemade ginger tea
- Lemon juice
- Grass-fed gelatin
- Lemon essential oil (food-grade) or lemon zest
Want more healthy snack recipes? You’re going to love these …
- Orange Almond Cookies
- Flourless Brownie Bites
- Tiger Nut Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Creamy Matcha Bars
- Coconut Lemon Muffins
Honey Lemon Ginger Jello
- 1 cup homemade ginger tea, recipe link in notes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp. grass-fed gelatin
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 4-5 drops lemon essential oil (food-grade), or 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Add cold ginger tea, lemon juice and gelatin into a saucepan and let gelatin "bloom" for a few minutes.
- Turn heat to low and begin whisking ingredients (5-10 minutes) until mixture becomes thin.
- Whisk in honey and lemon essential oil or lemon zest towards the end.
- Pour mixture into a glass dish or into molds. Place in the fridge for 1-hour to set.
- Remove from molds or cut into squares and enjoy!
Get 24% off all Young Living essential oils (including food-grade oils) here.