Flourless Pumpkin Spice Cookies are soft, chewy and full of fall flavour! These gluten and grain free cookies are naturally sweetened with maple syrup making them the perfect healthy treat for Thanksgiving and all fall long.
DID YOU KNOW? Artificial sweeteners may be holding you back from losing excess weight – and could be causing you to gain weight!
Artificial sweeteners affect your food cravings and your ability to manage your body’s signals for hunger and fullness. These sweeteners are very addictive unlike natural sweeteners that leave you feeling more satisfied.
So, if you tend to use artificial sweeteners or refined sugar products like Splenda, agave, aspartame or sugar, I highly recommend replacing these with unrefined natural sweeteners like maple syrup and raw honey.
Unrefined natural sweeteners contain higher levels of beneficial nutrients, antioxidants and enzymes.
Try my chewy Flourless Pumpkin Spice Cookies with maple syrup. When used in moderation, maple syrup can help to better manage blood sugar, all while creating great tasting recipes.
What you need for Flourless Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Roasted almond butter
- Canned pumpkin
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips (optional)
Craving more healthy pumpkin spice recipes? You’re going to love these:
Flourless Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 cup roasted almond butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 10-12 pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until a thick batter is formed. If adding in chocolate chips, do so after mixing other ingredients.
- Give the batter a taste-test and adjust the flavours to your preference (optional).
- Scoop batter with a tablespoon and place on baking sheet. Press down the mound with a wet fork to flatten and place one pecan on top.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are golden.
- Allow to cool completely on tray before using a spatula to remove. If you move the cookies too soon them may fall apart (I know this from personal experience).
- Serve immediately or store in fridge or freezer for a firmer cookie.