No-Bake Coconut Lemon Bars (AIP, Plant-Based, Paleo)
No-Bake Coconut Lemon Bars are creamy, refreshing & delicious! Only 4 simple ingredients needed to make this easy no-bake recipe. The perfect high-fiber and healthy snack for those following a plant-based, AIP, paleo or keto diet.
3 ways coconut meat can support gut health
1. Coconut meat is high in insoluble fiber (meaning that it doesn’t get digested), which helps bulk up your stool and supports healthy and regular bowel movements. Just 1 cup (80 grams) of shredded coconut provides 7 grams of fiber, which is over 20% of the DV.
2. Coconut meat is high in healthy fat which helps you absorb fat-soluble nutrients, including vitamins A, D, E, and K.
3. The MCTs in coconut meat have been shown to strengthen your gut bacteria, which may protect against inflammation and conditions like metabolic syndrome.
Now it’s time to give these no-bake and super satisfying bars a try!
Pair Coconut Lemon Bars with hot Lemon Ginger Tea or cold Lemon Hibiscus Tea.
AND if you love these bars, you’ve got to try my Creamy Matcha Bars!
What you need for No-Bake Coconut Lemon Bars:
- Shredded coconut
- Coconut oil
- Honey (replace with a low-carb sweetener for keto bars)
- Lemon essential oil (food-grade) or lemon extract
Want more healthy treats & snacks? You’re going to love these …
No-Bake Coconut Lemon Bars
- 3 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup raw coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey, replace with a low-carb sweetener for keto bars
- 4 drops lemon essential oil (food grade), OR 1 tsp. lemon extract
- Line an 8 x 8-inch or 8 x 10-inch pan or glass container with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and mix into a thick batter. If it's too crumbly, add a little extra honey or a tiny bit of water.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan/container. Using your hands or a spoon, press firmly into place. Refrigerate or freeze until firm. Cut into bars and enjoy!