Magnesium Glycinate Chelate by Designs for Health is one of the best absorbed forms of magnesium. Each capsule provides 150 mg of elemental magnesium. This product should not cause any of the unfavourable gastrointestinal symptoms associated with magnesium supplementation due to the very stable chelate formed between two glycine molecules and each magnesium ion via a patented process.
Why magnesium is important
Magnesium is an essential mineral that assists in over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It is the second most abundant mineral inside cells, where it also participates in converting food (especially carbohydrates) to energy. Over 60 percent of the body’s magnesium is stored in the skeleton, and the remaining portion is primarily housed in the muscles. It is crucial for energy production, bone and muscle health, physical strength and mobility, neurological health, and metabolism.
Why Magnesium Glycinate Chelate is superior to other forms of magnesium
Magnesium Glycinate Chelate is one of the best absorbed forms of magnesium, where a magnesium ion is bound between two glycine amino acids, forming a very stable chelate, which eliminates the traditional loose stools or upset stomach that may occur with magnesium supplementation. Mineral chelates can bypass normal modes of absorption in the intestine and therefore, avoid the competition that occurs between minerals for absorption. In this way, larger amounts of magnesium pass through the intestine and are available to the body. The unique process of “sandwiching” magnesium between the glycine molecules also protects it from being bound by dietary compounds, further enhancing its availability.
Benefits of magnesium
- Bone Health – Magnesium partners with calcium in maintaining bone health. Many individuals supplement calcium without adequate magnesium, leading to ineffective support for bone health.
- Digestion & Elimination – Individuals with low stomach acid or less-than-optimal digestion often lack adequate magnesium since absorption is compromised. Magnesium chelates help to restore healthy magnesium balance when digestion is not efficient. It also promotes a healthy elimination pattern. If you struggle with digesting food properly, it’s important to correct this. Try Digestzymes to help with optimal digestion.
- Cardiovascular Health – Magnesium helps support muscle relaxation and function, which is vital to cardiovascular health since the heart is a muscular organ. Magnesium is also an important cofactor in several enzymes that support blood vessel function and heart health.
- Relaxation & Sleep – As magnesium helps muscles to relax, it can enhance relaxation, promote a sense of calm, and support normal sleep patterns.
- Blood Sugar Health – Magnesium is an important mineral in assisting the cells in absorbing glucose from the blood and therefore, supports a normal blood sugar level.
- Kidney Health – As magnesium balances calcium in the body, it supports healthy kidneys and assists in preventing unnatural accumulations of calcium in this organ.
Magnesium helps support:
- Energy production
- Bone health
- Muscle function
- Neurological health
- Normal blood sugar levels
- Kidney health
- Heart health
- Blood vessel function
Love this product have been using for several years now. I find that it helps with relaxation since I mainly take it at night before I go to bed. Also I find it helps keep me regular and I don’t feel constipated when I take this magnesium.
Jennifer DiGregorio –
Thanks for sharing! Magnesium plays a role in so many physiological processes that happen in our body. Many people notice improvements in sleep and relaxation–happy to hear that it has helped you with this. Magnesium Glycinate Chelate is one of the best absorbed forms of magnesium out there, so your body is probably soaking up many other benefits that you’re not even aware of. Keep up with regular magnesium supplementation since it’s very difficult to achieve optimal levels of magnesium through diet alone 😉