Chicken Pesto "Spaghetti"
Chicken Pesto "Spaghetti" is not only delicious, but it's also a quick meal to whip up during the busy work week. It's the perfect spaghetti recipe for those living a gluten/grain free, paleo, low-carb or keto lifestyle.
- 1 spaghetti squash, medium
- 1 lb ground chicken, pastured
- 2 - 3 tbsp dairy free pesto, recipe link in notes
- Sea salt, to taste
For the spaghetti squash
Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise and remove seeds with spoon. Sprinkle flesh with sea salt.
Bake at 400F for 30-40 min (first 10-min bake with flesh down, then turn so skin is down for remaining time). Fork should pierce skin easily when squash is cooked. See notes for cooking spaghetti squash below.
Use a fork to scrape out the strands of squash.
For the chicken pesto
Using a stovetop pan, cook chicken over medium to medium-high heat. Use a spatula to break a part meat. Season with sea salt.
Once chicken is fully cooked, reduce heat and add pesto. Combine chicken and pesto until fragrant.
Place spaghetti squash noodles at the bottom of a bowl or plate then top with chicken pesto. Enjoy!
Notes on cooking spaghetti squash
Get the dairy free pesto recipe HERE.
- Cooking time varies depending on the size of the squash. Check regularly to avoid overcooking the squash. You want the noodles to be ‘al dente’.
- Time your spaghetti squash so that it’s done cooking around the same time as your chicken pesto, so your noodles don’t cool.